DIY - Festive Aromatherapy Candles
Festive is such a wonderful season of the year to make your home feel positive and your friends and family feel appreciated! With this Festive Season Candle DIY, you could do both! With just a little bit of time and some basic craft supplies, you’ll love making this great smelling candle!
Everything you need to know to start making your own DIY essential oil candles at home.
- One 4-ounce metal or glass container
- Candle wicks will throw off more scent, but cotton or wood will work, too)
- 2 cups pures soy wax flakes (add more as needed to fill your container)
- Old aluminum can for melting wax
- 2 teaspoons essential oils of your choice
- Clothespin or chopsticks to hold the wicks
- Place the soy wax flakes in an old aluminum can (if it doesn't all fit, add as much as you can and add more as the wax melts)
- Fill a saucepan halfway with water and place the can of soy wax in the center. Allow the water to simmer until the wax melts completely.
- Remove the can and place your kitchen thermometer in the hot wax. Check the temperature every few minutes until the wax cools to 185 degrees (it doesn't have to be exact, but a slightly lower temperature is better than higher).
- Add your essential oils and stir to combine.
- Place the wick in the center of container and use a clothespin or chopsticks to keep it upright.
- Pour the wax into the container and allow it to cool for several hours, or overnight, before lighting.
Any essential oils will work for this, but our favorites are:
To keep the scent from fading over time, always keep your candle covered when not in use.
#essentialoils #aromatherapy #scentedcandles #gleeoils #festiveseason